We wanted to give you an update following the disorder in other parts of the country:
- Hertfordshire has not experienced the disorder seen in other parts of the country. There was one incident in Waltham Cross last Sunday that we are linking to trouble in Enfield that night. So far 11 arrests have been made in relation to this and more arrests are planned. An isolated incident of disorder in Watford on Tuesday night was quickly tackled and 11 were arrested. Two people have been already charged and remanded into custody following their court appearance.
- Requests for police services are now at normal levels.
- Business as usual continues and for the next few days we are able to respond robustly in the unlikely event that there is any trouble in Hertfordshire.
- We continue to support our colleagues in London.
- We are grateful for the positive feedback we have received from the community and this has been greatly appreciated by the officers and staff who have been working extended shifts this week.
To contact Hertfordshire Constabulary please call the non-emergency number 101, or click here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an emergency always dial 999.