Stevenage local Liberal Democrat councillors, Robin Parker and Graham Snell, will be holding the eighth successive weekly Street Meet from 15.00 to 15.30 on Saturday 24 November. They will be in Mobbsbury, Chells, Stevenage as follows:
- Near Mobbsbury Shops, Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage, from 15.00 – 15.30 on Saturday 24 November 2012.
Local residents are invited to come along and speak to them about any issue which concerns them.
All doors in the following roads will have received, a day or two in advance, a leaflet about this Street Meet:
Mobbsbury Way odds 45 – 105 inclusive and evens 54 – 112 inclusive
Robin Parker is the county councillor and one of the two Liberal Democrat borough councillors for the area, and his colleague Graham Snell is the other Liberal Democrat borough councillor for the area.
Robin Parker said: “The previous Street Meets on Saturday mornings have attracted a number of residents from the relevant streets. Top of the list of concerns are:
- the many new double yellow lines, and the associated verge and footway parking order, both introduced from 8 October in Chells, Chells Manor and Mobbsbury, by Stevenage Borough Council;
- the speed of traffic along The White Way;
- the poor state of many road and footway surfaces, which have been neglected for years by Hertfordshire County Council;
- overhanging vegetation on footways;
- requests for salt bins;
- the withdrawal of much of the home to school transport by Hertfordshire County council.
It is planned to continue the programme of Street Meets through the rest of Chells, Chells Manor and Mobbsbury on Saturday mornings in following weeks.