Stevenage local Liberal Democrat councillors, Robin Parker and Graham Snell, will be holding the eleventh successive weekly Street Meet from 11.00 to 11.30 on Saturday 15 December. They will be in Mobbsbury, Chells,Stevenageas follows:
- On the pavement near the junction of Mobbsbury Way and Chells Way, from 11.00 – 11.30 on Saturday 15 December 2012.
Local residents are invited to come along and speak to them about any issue which concerns them.
All nearby doors will have received, a day or two in advance, a leaflet about this Street Meet:
Robin Parker (Liberal Democrat) is the county councillor for Chells Division (Chells, Chells Manor and Mobbsbury) on Hertfordshire County Council and also one of the borough councillors for Manor Ward (Chells Manor and Mobbsbury) on Stevenage Borough Council.
Graham Snell is one of the borough councillors for Manor Ward (Chells Manor and Mobbsbury) on Stevenage Borough Council.
Robin Parker said: “The previous Street Meets on Saturday mornings have attracted a number of residents from the relevant streets. Top of the list of concerns are:
- the many new double yellow lines, and the associated verge and footway parking order, both introduced from 8 October in Chells, Chells Manor and Mobbsbury, by Stevenage Borough Council;
- the speed of traffic along The White Way;
- the poor state of many road and footway surfaces, which have been neglected for years by Hertfordshire County Council;
- overhanging vegetation on footways;
- requests for salt bins and bags of salt;
- the withdrawal of much of the home to school transport byHertfordshireCountycouncil;
- lack of street lighting.
It is planned to continue the programme of Street Meets through the rest of Chells, Chells Manor and Mobbsbury on Saturday mornings in following weeks.”