A personal message from Robin Parker
Dear Manor Residents,
The Stevenage Council elections on 2 May are for who you want to be your local Councillor for the next 4 years, to represent you on Stevenage Borough Council (SBC). They are not about the government or national issues. I have been elected by you 13 times since I first stood in 1982. My record since then shows that I provide a strong, experienced, knowledgeable, local voice to stand up for you on important issues like the Gresley Park development. For 35 years, I have provided an effective, constructive opposition to the Labour dominated SBC. On any matter, I always strive to get the facts correct and to keep you informed on that basis.
I have spent my local budgets wisely. I never forget that it is your money.
For example, I have funded:
* the new zebra crossing near Ross Court
* 9 Speed Indicator Devices across Chells and Chells Manor
* several new or refurbished public benches
* additional street lights
* re-surfacing many footways including Mobbsbury Way
* the spectacular daffodil and crocus displays that cover the verges from the Gresley Way/Six Hills Way roundabout, up to the Gresley Way/Fairlands Way roundabout plus Chells Way, The White Way and Mobbsbury Way.
I avoid personal attacks on opponents, I do not promise things I cannot do and I will continue to stay in touch, be easy to contact and help you with problems, as I have done since 1982.
Thank you for your previous support and please vote for me again so that I can continue to work on your behalf.
P.S. I’ve tried hard to meet you all, but if you were out when we called, my contact details are shown here.
8 Cameron Close,Chells
Robin answers your questions at our Residents’ Meeting, 11 March, Chells Manor Community Centre